Senior Data Engineer Permanent role Client-facing, consultancy role - the successful applicant will show excellent client-facing comms and skills. Azure, Snowflake, dbt, Python, SQL, Power BI Sydney Office, 3 days per week in the office $150-$200k DoE
My Client is a top-tier, multiple award winning, medium sized Consultancy (not one of the Big 4, but equal in terms of quality and prestige) and are hiring for a Senior Data Engineer.
You will join a small but growing, new team, working closely with the Senior Leadership Team and Head of Engineering to shape, promote and steer this new part of the business.
You will be a hands-on engineer, shaping engagements, gathering requirements, making recommendations, and be heavily involved in the design and implementation of cloud based data solutions for clients. You will also help mentor and guide more junior members of the team. You will have first-class communication skills and ideally show previous client-facing consultancy experience. Key points:
- Strong skills in SQL development, data modelling, and data analytics
- Strong skills in the Microsoft Azure Data Tech stack or AWS
- Python highly beneficial
- Strong engagement skills with the ability to consult and translate technical to business terminology
- Experience in Snowflake or Databricks
- Strong understanding of data warehousing concepts, Data Lake, ETL and ELT
- Good understanding of CICD and IaC (ideally Terraform)
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities, with a keen eye for detail
- Proactive and can-do attitude, self-motivated, and able to prioritize tasks in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- MUST be a strong communicator - both written and verbal - and demonstrate client-facing, external customer engagement experience.
If you are interested please APPLY or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org