We are hiring a Lead Data Scientist with a focus on Logistics and/or Delivery optimisation. This role is a mix of hands-on machine learning as well as leading strategic direction and delivery for projects and data science solutions that impact millions of customers. In addition, there is huge scope to mentor and train a small squad of data scientists. What are the selling points of this role?
What are the required experience & skills for this job?
- We are seeking expertise in data science for solving logistics and delivery inefficiencies - so we are hoping you will be passionate about the focus area
- Successful market-leading company with millions of customers, huge data sets to work with and varied business use-cases
- Impactful data science work with significant benefit to the business and your customers. You will run end-to-end data science solutions from defining the problem to POCs to deployment methodology and iterations. Impact of projects will generally be in the millions of dollars
- You will be using big data and modern data science tools and tech: Python, Google Cloud Platform, the latest ML packages, Airflow, containers, etc.
- A strong, talented team and business stakeholders who are not new to leveraging data science and analytics – they appreciate your work and input
- Attractive Salary package!
What is the location and work situation?
- You will have a minimum of 5-8 years of professional data science experience in businesses, including leading end-to-end data science projects with big impact from use-case definition to data science POC to deployed solution in production.
- Minimum of 2 years in a role focussed on logistics, delivery, ride-sharing modelling
- Technical skills will need to include; Statistics, some mathematical optimisation, Python (including ML packages), advanced SQL, cloud experience with GCP, AWS or Azure (GCP is preferred) and recent experience productionising models for businesses
- You will have at least 1 year of team leadership experience for data science squads of 2 or more and be happy with a balance of hands-on technical work and mentoring and guiding others
- You will have practical experience managing senior and executive level stakeholders, introducing best practice for data science solutions and making pragmatic decisions (not always the best theoretical approach) that is needed for real-world data science products.
- You will have an academic background in; Mathematics, Statistics, Actuarial studies or similar
This role is based in Sydney and you will be required to do hybrid work, such as a two days in the office and 3 days working from home or vice-versa.