You will be part of a data science and analytics internal consulting team, which delivers data science and machine learning solutions to various business units of this national market leader. Your team members will include high calibre data engineers, analytics delivery leads, data governance and visualisation specialists.
This company have incredible data and are shifting to a modern data stack (Databricks & AWS) for building data science products and models in production. Your mission is to help businesses get the maximum impact and ROI from data across different use-cases in Customer, Digital, Marketing, Finance, Tech and more. About the role:
This Senior Data Scientist role requires hands-on, end-to-end delivery (from stakeholder engagement through to working, maintained product). You will also be using your strategic, influencing and stakeholder management skills to make sure that data science work has impact and ultimately delivers some customer or business value. Useful prior experience includes;
- Personalisation and Recommendation Engines
- Advanced modelling for Customer lifetime value
- Churn, Cross-sell and Up-sell models
- Experience with large loyalty or customer transaction data sets is preferable (5 million members +)
You will often work in cross-functional teams, with people from your direct internal data team, and also various technology, business and data teams from the various departments in the company. The ability to communicate at an advanced level, use commercial acumen to prioritise work or consider iteration and data science best practices will be necessary.
Internal customers will vary in their data literacy and how experienced they are with using insights - so we’d love someone who has a knack for presenting and communicating complex concepts in simple, actionable terms to different audiences.
Required Experience and Skills:
- We are looking at senior data scientists only, so a reasonable range would be 6-10 years of commercial data science role *(excluding study or academic research)
- Academic background at a bachelor, masters or PhD level, with a numerical foundation, such as Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, etc.
- Confident in using modern data stack for end-to-end data science & analytics; Python, SQL, various ML libraries, Databricks OR Spark
- Deployed models and analytical solutions in a business - you can give multiple examples of solutions you built and deployed, which led to measured business results. (This could be very broad; e.g. X% increase in sales/conversion rate, decrease of X% in customer churn, saving X hours of FTE time automating a process, improved model accuracy by X%, leading to a direct improvement in NPS score by X, etc.)
- This team operates using hybrid work – you could expect 2-3 days per week in the Sydney CBD office, on average
This is a permanent and full-time role.